Sponsorship and Promotions
Matt has vast experience drafting and negotiating sponsorship and marketing transactions, including deals involving:
- Major professional sporting leagues, such as the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, PGA, and MLS
- NCAA universities and colleges with nationally recognized athletic programs
- World-renowned sports venues
- A-list celebrities and artists
Matt has advised clients on transactions involving Madison Square Garden, LA Dodgers, New York Knicks, New York Rangers, Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, LA Galaxy, Cleveland Indians, Milwaukee Bucks, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Ian Poulter, Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), will.i.am, The Roots, Gorillaz, Guns N’ Roses, Alabama Shakes, and high-profile NCAA athletic programs such as Duke University, University of Kentucky, and Syracuse University.
Programming and Broadcast Rights
- Matt assists clients in transactions securing video and online digital programming and broadcast rights, partnering with content providers such as the NFL, MLB, MLS, ESPN, and the NCAA
Technology Transfer and Multi-Media Licensing
- Matt focuses on the transfer and licensing of a variety of technologies and intangible assets. His experience includes drafting and negotiating multi-media and traditional licensing agreements as well as patent and know-how licenses and transfers. His technology transfer practice includes work in the cable, life sciences, software, consumer electronics, household products, and e-commerce industries.