Enacted in 1991 to combat aggressive telemarketing and advertising believed to invade consumer privacy, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) also impacts legitimate communications. As more information is communicated to consumers via phone and text message, remaining TCPA compliant is increasingly important. Over the past decade, there has been an exponential rise in amount of litigation under the TCPA, with healthcare being one of the top industries targeted by plaintiffs.
In this webinar, Holland & Hart will provide an in-depth look at the TCPA and how it applies to healthcare communications, as well as approaches for mitigating the risks of litigation. This webinar will present an overview of the TCPA and its restrictions, examine recent regulatory developments and litigation trends, and discuss the impact the TCPA has on the healthcare industry. Please join us for a program that will help you:
- Understand the TCPA's purpose, terminology, consent requirements, and potential damages.
- Explore TCPA litigation trends, including recent healthcare industry decisions.
- Learn what is and what is not an autodialer.
- Gain insights into the TCPA's healthcare message exemptions and the types of calls covered by the exemptions.
- Identify best practices for minimizing TCPA liability.
Agenda: THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2019 | 12:00 - 1:00 PM MT
Speaker: Derek Kearl
Location: Webinar Only
Questions? Please contact Laura Squyres at email@example.com.