Holland & Hart is pleased to announce the firm’s Intellectual Property practice has received several 2017 awards and recognition from leading global publications and guides.
Recognition in IAM Patent 1000
Our IP team has been recognized as a patent law leader in the 2017 edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, receiving four practice rankings and 11 individual mentions for lawyers.
The team received recognition in the following practice areas in 2017:
- Colorado: Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Colorado: Transactions – Recommended
- Colorado: Litigation – Gold
- Utah: Firms – Gold
The following Holland & Hart partners are ranked in the 2017 IAM Patent 1000:
- Donald Degnan: Colorado: Litigation – Gold
- Michael Drapkin: Colorado: Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Brett Foster: Utah: Litigation and Transactions – Gold
- L. Grant Foster: Utah: Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Timothy (Tim) Getzoff: Colorado: Litigation – Gold
- Tracy Gray: Colorado: Transactions – Recommended
- James (Jim) Hartley: Colorado: Litigation – Silver
- J. Scott Karren: Utah: Prosecution – Recommended (new ranking for this year)
- Jane Michaels: Colorado: Litigation – Silver
- Mark Miller: Utah: Litigation and Transactions – Silver
- Bryan Pratt: Utah: Prosecution – Recommended
The IAM Patent 1000 is a global market-leading guide that identifies leading patent prosecution, transactions, and litigation professionals and firms in key jurisdictions. IAM conducts extensive research to identify leading individuals in their respective areas based on feedback from peers and clients. Similarly, firm rankings are based on their depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work on which they are typically engaged.
Received Two IP Excellence Awards
The firm’s IP practice has also been awarded AI 2017 IP Excellence Awards for
- Best Patent Prosecution Firm – Utah and
- Best IP Litigation Firm – Western USA
The IP Excellence Awards recognizes the best intellectual property professionals across the industry.
Recognized as a Top National Trademark Firm by IP Stars
Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) IP STARS, a leading global specialist guide, ranks U.S. IP firms and practitioners in its annual publication. MIP IP STARS 2017 ranked Holland & Hart’s IP practice in patent prosecution and trademark prosecution, highly recommended in Colorado and Utah, and notable in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. In addition, the firm had thirteen individually ranked attorneys as either Trademark Stars, Patent Stars, or both.
The following attorneys are recognized:
- Andrea Anderson: Trademark Stars
- Shane Coleman: Patent Stars
- Susan Combs: Trademark Stars
- Don Degnan: Patent and Trademark Stars
- Michael Drapkin: Patent Stars
- Daniel Glivar: Trademark Stars
- Brett Foster: Patent Stars and Trademark Stars
- L. Grant Foster: Patent Stars and Trademark Stars
- Timothy Getzoff: Patent Stars and Trademark Stars
- James Hartley: Patent Stars and Trademark Stars
- Scott Havlick: Trademark Stars
- Tobi Mott: Patent Stars
- Bryan Pratt: Patent Stars and Trademark Stars
IP STARS is based on surveys and interviews completed by peers, IP agencies, and individual practitioners (in-house and private practice).
About Holland & Hart’s IP Group
The firm’s Intellectual Property practice comprises over 80 attorneys across patent, trademark, IP transactions, copyright, trade secrets, and IP litigation. We serve clients across industries including technology, communications, media, food and beverage, consumer products, medical devices, sporting goods, among others.
About Holland & Hart
Celebrating the 70th anniversary of its founding in 1947, Holland & Hart is a full-service, national law firm that today has approximately 475 lawyers in eight states and in Washington, D.C. delivering integrated legal solutions to regional, national, and international clients of all sizes. We serve clients in a diverse range of industries, including energy and resources, food and beverage, and technology, communications and media. For more information, visit www.hollandhart.com or on Twitter: @HollandHart.