2022 marks Holland & Hart’s 75th anniversary and the firm chose to celebrate by honoring its longstanding value of serving its communities by coordinating a firmwide afternoon of service. During the afternoons of September 15th or 16th, the firm pressed pause on business and encouraged all members of the firm across its markets to participate in a service activity supporting a local community organization. The firm’s planned outdoor activity in Reno was postponed due to wildfire smoke and will be rescheduled.
“Our firm was founded on principles of service—to our clients, our people, and to our communities. From the original role model of our founders to the firm’s current Statement of Values, giving our skills, time, and talents has been a throughline across time and offices,” said Chris Balch, firm chair. “We chose to celebrate our 75th anniversary by getting out into our communities and give back for an afternoon. It was rewarding to work side-by-side colleagues and know we were making a difference to our partner organizations and the local communities where we live and work.”
The local organizations supported in each market and project impacts are highlighted below:
- Anchorage, Alaska: Supported Habitat for Humanity Anchorage and ReStore by working at two construction projects, painting, cleaning, and preparing for new flooring, hanging new drywall, and helping to organize donations and assist at the store.
- Aspen, Colorado: Supported Habitat for Humanity Roaring Fork Valley ReStore by staging furniture, doing inventory, organizing donations, and fixing a chandelier.
- Billings, Montana: Supported Habitat for Humanity Mid-Yellowstone Valley ReStore helping to organize donations and assist at the store over two days.
- Boise, Idaho: Supported Boise Parks and Recreation by having four teams work on Boise’s Greenbelt River cleanup efforts and tree wrapping.
- Boulder, Colorado: Supported Flatirons Habitat for Humanity by prepping for floor installations on three single- and two-story units under construction.
- Cheyenne, Wyoming: Supported Friday Food Bag Foundation that provides 1,100 bags of food to students by setting up at three grocery locations to collect food and monetary donations.
- Denver, Colorado: Supported Extreme Community Makeover on 13 separate projects in the Swansea neighborhood in north Denver. Teams painted, weeded, cleared trees and shrubs, created an outside gym area, built fences, and installed a retaining wall.
- Jackson, Wyoming: Supported Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Teton Area by assisting with construction of a new 18 townhome development site laying subflooring and building framing wall.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Supported Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas ReStore, helping with behind-the-scenes organization and unpacking in the warehouse and front-of-store and cleaning and product placement.
- Salt Lake City, Utah: Supported Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Intermountain Area by taking on several projects that included organizing storage areas, washing walls and doors, preparing 60 lunches for families, pulling weeds, staining planter boxes, cleaning shuttle buses, scanning guest service files, assembling furniture, and more.
- Santa Fe, New Mexico: Supported Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity with one team making adobe bricks for the front wall and a second team working on electrical wiring for the house.
- Washington, DC: Supported Capital Area Food Bank by working on various tasks at the distribution warehouse, including packing more than 500 boxes of donated food for families in need.
To enjoy photos from our community partnership activities across the firm, please click on the play button below.
(video may take a moment to load)