With an innovative spirit and a team-based collaborative environment, Holland & Hart offers its attorneys (and future attorneys) the space and support to bring their diverse experiences, intellect, and creativity to a range of challenging and interesting projects.
We often hire attorneys who are ready to relocate from firms in large, bi-coastal cities to vibrant communities in desirable locations. Across our offices in the Mountain West, Nevada, Alaska, and Washington, DC, you can enjoy the conveniences of city life and adventures of outdoor recreation all while serving clients on challenging work.
We Care About Your Professional Growth
Holland & Hart is more than a place to work. It’s a welcoming environment to build a rewarding, sustainable career. We care about your professional growth and offer specific tools, training, and mentoring to help you shape your career:
- Three-tiered Levels System: advancement based on firmwide core competencies and practice group-specific benchmark skills rather than lockstep factors.
- Frequent feedback processes designed to facilitate your professional growth.
- Two-tier partnership opportunities with transparent paths and expectations.
- In-house business development training program and individualized professional development plans customized to your goals.
- Low partner to associate ratio means quality work assignments early in your career.
- Business development program tailored to attorney levels.
- Attorney retreats that fosters integration of attorneys among offices and practice groups.
- Opportunities to participate in firm leadership and committees.
We Care About Your Well-Being
We care about you as a person and as a professional. Living full lives has long been one of our firm’s core values and we encourage attorneys to seek a sound balance so you can be in the moment at work, with your family, and when pursuing personal interests.
For decades, Holland & Hart has implemented programs to support the well-being of our attorneys, including:
- Hybrid schedules to meet the individual needs of our attorneys and team members.
- Opportunity to customize work schedule via flexible-hours program, in place since the 1980s.
- Partnership eligibility for flexible-hour attorneys.
- Sabbatical program at full pay for partners (three months every five years) and long-term attorneys (six weeks every seven years. The trust, teamwork, and integrity built into the firm’s core values allow sabbaticals to serve as true opportunities to disconnect and reenergize.
- World-class, outdoor recreation at your doorstep in Mountain West offices.
Service is Embedded in Our Culture
The firm’s founders envisioned a workplace in which service stood as an intrinsic value. Our commitment to our communities: "We acknowledge a special obligation to our communities, and we actively seek and undertake opportunities for giving our skills, time, and talents to pro bono and public service activities."
- 75 hour/attorney/year legal pro bono or civic service expectation; 25 hours invested in DEI initiatives
- Holland & Hart Foundation facilitates service opportunities in our communities
- Give back by taking on pro bono cases that help individuals or organizations
If you are with a search firm and would like to submit a candidate for consideration, please click here.