Debbie Rickers started working for a boutique intellectual property firm, Crandell & Polumbus, in 1979. She has been with Holland & Hart since 1984. During this time, Ms. Rickers has provided support to virtually all aspects of the firm's intellectual property practice. She focuses on trademark matters, including worldwide trademark clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement. Her experience and responsibilities include:
- Working with national and international trademark portfolios, including filings with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and communications with foreign counsel.
- Experience with several different database programs to search for trademarks, domain names and pharmaceutical names worldwide.
- Trade investigations to determine nature of use and first date of use.
- Copyright filings, research and disputes.
- Domain name maintenance and disputes.
- Due diligence projects regarding intellectual property assets.
- Experience in large scale recordation projects, involving the transfer of ownership and perfecting of security interests worldwide.
- Assisting with trademark enforcement matters, including filings with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.