Holland & Hart is proud to be a presenting sponsor at the "17th Annual Rocky Mountain Intellectual Property & Technology Institute" conference scheduled for May 30-31 in Westminster, Colorado. The Institute is one of the premier intellectual property continuing legal education programs attended by nearly 600 colleagues from across the U.S. and globally, and we are pleased to once again be an annual participant.
Holland & Hart IP Partner Rich Spilde will present the session, “AI and Machine Learning: What Is Big Data?” and IP Associate Nathan Mutter will moderate the session. The session will focus on how Big Data is harvested, how it’s fed into the “machine” of AI, and legal and red flags for clients and data owners.
Trademark Partner Hope Hamilton will moderate the session, “Strategic Tour with In-House Brand Counsel / Perspectives from the Inside.” The session will provide an inside view into the challenges that in-house counsel face and how outside counsel can work with in-house counsel effectively. Hope also served as the Director of the Trademarks and Copyrights planning track for the conference.
Other topics covered at the two-day CLE event will include:
- Plenary sessions featuring appellate judges
- High-ranking USPTO Officials sharing perspectives
- 2019 Updates: USPTO, patent law, copyright law, trademarks/TTAB, licensing, trade secrets, data privacy and security
- “The Sharing Economy” in Practice
- More with Less: Tech-Enabled Legal Service
- Ethical Dilemmas and Lessons for Lawyers in the Movies
- Evolution of CHINA IP Enforcement
- Blockchain and Its IP Implications
Presenters: Rich Spilde, Nathan Mutter, Hope Hamilton
Location: Westin Westminster Hotel, 1600 Westminster Boulevard, Westminster, Colorado