With the start of a new presidential administration, employers may be concerned about potential new immigration policies - such as comprehensive immigration reform and H-1B visa changes. Join us for a substantive discussion on the points below:
- Previewing what the immigration climate may look like under President Biden’s administration.
- Assessing the likelihood of substantive H-1B reform under the Biden administration, and how quickly this may occur.
- Reviewing the December 1st federal court ruling against the Trump administration’s Interim Final Rules which restricted H-1B visas, and discussing whether this decision is likely to be appealed.
- Analyzing how Biden’s U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security nominee Alejandro Mayorkas might approach the position differently than his predecessor.
- Assessing the likelihood of comprehensive immigration reform to legalize undocumented workers.
- Discussing what employers should expect in terms of I-9 audits and investigations.
- Previewing the immigration priorities for President Biden and his administration.
Agenda: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2021
12:00 - 1:00 MT
Roger Tsai, Partner, Holland & Hart
Emily M. Dickens, Chief of Staff, Head of Government Affairs and Corporate Secretary, SHRM
Location: Webinar Only
Professional Development Credits
- 1.0 General CLE Credits for Utah, Idaho, and Colorado are approved for this program.
- SHRM Credit has been approved for this activity.
Questions? Please contact Misti Varga.