For more than 35 years, Holland & Hart has been assisting clients in navigating the complex and often costly regulatory environment under the Endangered Species Act (“ESA”), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (“MBTA”), Bald & Golden Eagle Protection Act (“BGEPA”), and other federal and state wildlife protection laws. The scope of our experience includes:
- High-profile, and successful, challenges to Section 4 listing decisions and critical habitat designations;
- Complex litigation in defense of Section 7 and Section 10 regulatory approval of client projects;
- Precedent-setting multi-species, multi-state Habitat Conservation Plans;
- Successful Section 7 consultations for complex, high-value client projects;
- Coordination and negotiation with federal agencies to develop and implement innovative solutions to address candidate and other species conservation concerns.