The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that there are more than 450,000 brownfields in the United States. These contaminated properties represent opportunities for new jobs, expansion of local tax bases, revitalization of existing development, and improvement of the physical environment. Holland & Hart's Brownfields Practice Group assists clients with transforming contaminated properties into economically viable properties that once again add value to the communities in which they are located.
We have represented municipalities and private developers in connection with the redevelopment of brownfields, including:
- Private resort developments on former mine sites;
- Multi-use development on a former international airport site;
- Multi-use development on a former federal air base;
- Remediation and multi-use development of a former open pit mine and milling facility; and
- Remediation and multi-use development of World War II-era manufacturing facility.