With more than 25 years of experience, Ms. Biggs focuses on advising national and global employers on employment-related issues. As manager of Holland & Hart's MyEmploymentLawAdvisor employment advice service, Ms. Biggs helps employers anticipate, avoid, and resolve workplace issues that distract from the larger goals of running a business. Her responsive advice, national and global contracts, tailored drafting, and persuasive negotiation and mediation skills take the pressure off you and keep you moving forward.
She provides sound advice to employers on a variety of employment law topics, such as complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act, layoffs and workforce reorganizations, drafting and enforcing covenants not to compete and confidentiality agreements, protecting trade secrets, conducting internal investigations, compliance with wage and hour laws, negotiating executive agreements, complying with immigration law, defending affirmative action plans, and reducing the risks of litigation.
When a high-tech company received a sexual harassment complaint against an executive, Ms. Biggs coordinated the investigation, which ultimately required computer forensics, extensive interviews, reviews of electronic data and communication records, and other evidence. The result was that the company was able to quickly gather the facts, determine the complainant had committed fraud, and save an innocent executive’s reputation.
When an international mining company needed to reorganize operations and reduce its workforce, Ms. Biggs advised on state and international requirements, drafted agreements, coordinated the delivery of the messages, and provided practical tips to avoid potential disputes. As a result, the company was able to transition to a more nimble organization without one claim filed.
|Multiple Race Discrimination Claims|
A major shipping industry client turned to Ms. Biggs for help with a group of race discrimination claims. Ms. Biggs investigated, led multiple mediations, and ultimately helped the employer get all the claims dismissed and improve communication with the employees.
|Wrongful Termination and Trade Secrets|
When a trainer for an international medical company sued for discrimination, Ms. Biggs investigated, determined the employee had stolen company trade secrets, and as a result, reached a favorable and quick resolution.
- Who’s Who Legal, leading Management Labor & Employment Lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbell™, Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment (2013)
- American Lawyer Media, Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment (2013)
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Top 50 Women (2012)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2011-2015)
- Colorado Super Lawyers® (2011-2014)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers, Labor & Employment Law (2009-2014)
- Colorado Black Book Recipient (2007,2008)
- Member, American, Colorado, and Denver Bar Associations
- Board Member, Employment Law Alliance
- Appointed Member, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law
Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee
Family and Medical Leave Act Committee
- Former Chair, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, Employment Committee
- Former Chair, American Electronics Association Human Resource Committee - Colorado
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council, Colorado Chapter
Private Employers and Expanded SOX Whistleblower Reach
Webinar, Strafford Publications
September 10, 2013
Transgender Employees: Overcoming Practical and Legal Issues
Speaker, Nationwide Webinar hosted by M. Lee Smith
Employment law topics
Employment law topics
Trainer, M. Lee Smith
- “Soup Angel,” HOPE Homeless Food Project, Longmont, CO 2008-present
- Founder and president, Whole Community Free School, 2004-2010