Holland & Hart attorneys and government affairs professionals assist our clients by actively engaging elected and appointed leaders in the executive and legislative arenas at both the federal and state levels. As a firm centered in the Mountain West, and supported by our office in Washington, D.C., Holland & Hart is well positioned to assist clients in a wide range of legislative, regulatory, and cross-disciplinary matters. Our Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Practice Group is a robust team of dedicated professionals, providing sophisticated client service in dealings with state and federal government agencies, as well as elected officials.
Our professionals have worked for both Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill and have served in various presidential administrations. They also have worked as appointed officials in state agencies and have been actively engaged in political campaigns at all levels of government. Members of our group have proven records of success as public servants and bring to the practice highly refined advocacy and legal experience. This combination of substantive legal experience and an intricate knowledge of the legislative and administrative processes makes our team well-qualified to help clients assess, develop, and meet their objectives before state and federal government agencies.
Examples of our legislative and regulatory affairs work include the following:
- Develop comprehensive legislative and public relations strategies including community outreach efforts;
- Monitor legislative developments and report on areas of interest to clients;
- Draft legislation and testimony as well as issue and position papers;
- Testify before legislative committees;
- Provide agencies with important legal and technical support for regulations, guidance documents, permitting actions, or other administrative decisions;
- Coordinate between key legislative personnel and executive branch officials on cross-disciplinary legal and policy issues;
- Establish and coordinate ad hoc coalitions comprised of members representing diverse interest groups;
- Arrange meetings with members of Congress, state legislators, and city and county officials as well as with key legislative staff; and
- Actively participate in various trade associations to stay on the cutting edge of our clients' legislative and regulatory issues.